|FOUR MAN SCRAMBLE |
General Rules of Play
1) Men play from the menís tees. Women play from the womenís yellow tees.
2) On every hole, each team member may hit a tee shot.
3) The team then selects one of the tee shots from which to play.
4) All team members may then hit from that position.
A. Each team member may place his ball within one club-length of the selected shot, no nearer to the hole. If the selected shot is played from a hazard the ball may be placed within one club-length, but must remain in the hazard and placed no nearer the hole. If the selected shot is on the fringe of the green the ball may be placed within one club-length, but cannot be placed onto the putting surface.
B. Each team member may improve his lie by placing the ball with his hand or by moving it with the club head. The ball is in play once the player has addressed it, or has made a stroke at it.
C. When putting, the ball must be placed within on putter head length of the selected shot, no nearer to the hole. Teams are cautioned not to make tap-ins until all team members have had the opportunity to make the teamís original putt. Once a ball is holed out, no further strokes are permitted.
D. Team members may stand behind on another (on an extension of the line of play) while they are hitting a shot or putt.
5) This procedure is repeated until the ball is holed.
Per eighteen (18) hole round
VARIATIONS TO THE ABOVE RULES
- When not all teams in the competition are foursomes, the following adjustments can help to equalize the competition. For teams playing as a fivesome, the player whose shot is selected is not eligible for the following shot, the only place where this group will take five shots is on the first hole of the round. For teams playing as a threesome, a rotation is established (player A, B, and C) before the first hole of the round. Player (A) will hit two tee shots on the first hole. Player (B) will then play two second shots. Player (C) will play two third shots. Player (A) then starts the rotation over again with the subsequent shot. The start of a new hole does not alter the order of the rotation.
* Each team member must hit and use a minimum of three tee shots and three second shots or two tee shots and two second shots